At Mad Monkey Village we offer an affordable, Flashpacker style accommodation in a newly renovated hostel in Cairns. Treat yourselves to a daily Free Hot Breakfast in the mornings & budget priced drinks at our outdoor bar in the evenings! Our fully equipped designer’s kitchen allows you to cook whatever you fancy. Relax and sunbath by our swimming pool oasis after a great day out, exploring all-natural wonders that Cairns and its surroundings have to offer. Meet new travel buddies or just chill at our TV room with Netflix and Playstation! Thanks to our ultra-fast Free Wi-Fi throughout the property, you won’t miss out on anything. And if you still have some energy left, you can enjoy a Daily Free access to a local gym!
Become a part of our Mad Monkey Family & enjoy your stay!
Mad Monkey Village is located on Sheridan Street, about 10 minute walk to the City centre. The central shopping centre is only 5 minute walk and the Cairns Esplanade with its beautiful Lagoon, views and restaurants is just a 15 minute walk away. Plane: Our FREE airport shuttle is currently unavailable. We highly recommend you book a taxi or and Uber. We’re only a fifteen-minute drive away from the airport. Bus/Train: If you arriving by Bus or Train, just make your way to the Night Market Entrance on Abbott St and wait for our hostel shuttle leaving every half past. Don’t forget to tell the driver to drop you off at Mad Monkey Village!Car: Limited parking spots are available in front of the hostel.
We offer all types of accommodation, from mixed dorms to female dorms and private double rooms as well as private twin rooms. We have high-quality mattresses, pillows and linen which is included for a comfortable night’s sleep. You can choose between a standard room with a shared bathroom or ensuite. All our private double rooms come with personal towels, otherwise our reception team is more than happy to assist you with a towel hire in case you forgot one. All our rooms are Air-Conditioned with a sink and a mirror. All our bunk beds are equipped with personal USB ports & power sockets to make sure you can comfortably scroll through your new travel pictures from your bed. Oh, and don’t forget to bring a padlock for our security lockers in the dorms.
Due to the restrictions in place by the Government to stop the spread of the Covid-19 Virus we have made some changes to our facilities and operation.
Please Note: Our reception is closed on Friday 24th December, Saturday 25th December, Friday 31st of December & Saturday 1st of January. You will not be able to check in or out on those dates.
Property Name: Mad Monkey Village
Address 1: 141 Sheridan Street
City : Cairns City
Postal Code : 4870
- Baggage storage
- Swimming pool
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- Cancellation of bookings within 24 hours of reservation will be charged 100% cancellation fee for the first nights stay for the number of beds booked.
- If customer fails to show up for the booking and hasn’t give notice of cancellation, reservation will be marked as no show and you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee for the first nights stay for the number of beds booked.
Terms and Conditions
- We have not made any charges to your credit card. Your credit card details have been collected to secure your reservation only and you will be required to pay all accommodation charges upon check-in.
- We do not accept guests under the age of 18 years old.
- We do not accept guests over the age of 35 in dorm rooms.
- Prices are quoted in AUD and are subject to change daily.
- Valid credit card and a valid passport are required upon check in.
- If you have made a reservation through an (online) travel agency you must cancel or modify through the agency.
- The following payment methods are accepted; cash, credit or debit cards (Visa and MasterCard only). We do not accept American Express. All credit or debit cards incur a 1% payment fee.
- The guest will be responsible for any loss or damage caused at the hostel by guests or visitors of guests.
- $20 fee will be charged for the loss or non-return of any keys to reception upon check out.
- When booking multiple beds in a shared dorm, we cannot guarantee to put people on the same booking in the same room, however we will do our best.
- Guests may not consume or store food and drinks in their rooms. Alcohol may not be consumed in any room at any time and can only be purchased from the designated bar on site. Any alcohol or food found in the rooms will be removed.
- Smoking is only permitted within the designated smoking areas.